There are no upcoming events at this time.

Who is Minal Abhange?

Who is Minal Abhange?

“All your dreams come true if you pursue them.”

This is something that I strongly believe in, and once you get to know me, you will see how I love to live my life.

Hello everyone, I am the new face on the block. I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the new editor of Currents, College of the North Atlantic’s (CNA) online magazine.

Let me start by saying that I have been a reader and a poet from my earliest school days, and obsessed with images and stories. I believe that all of these qualities are what eventually led me to choose writing as a career.

If you would like to know more about me, then I invite you to have a look at a video we put together that gives a little more of my background:

My experiences, having been born and raised in Mumbai, India, along with the fact that I have travelled a lot, studied and worked in UK and Canada, combine to give me a greater insight. I understand it’s been a while since Currents has been active, and with your help, I am about to change that.

Currents started in 2000 as CNA’s way of celebrating you – whether you are staff, faculty, a current student or alumni. I want to share your successes, your achievements, your careers, some personal experiences and all the amazing things that you have done with, for and since your time at CNA.

When was the last time you looked at Currents? If it’s not been for a while, then you may have missed stories of ingenuity, creativity and inspiration.

This magazine has evolved into an online publication with a video element, so if you read a story make sure to take a look at the video if there is one provided.

Like all stories, these are about amazing people that have conquered new horizons, impacted the community in many ways, and above all, they are one of us – CNA alumni, staff members, students who are making a difference.

I hope you enjoy reading about how Jennifer Saunders, an Electronics Engineering graduate with a lot of courage, shared a personal video on social media to raise the awareness about mental health. You will also find a Q&A with lucky alumna Chante Goodyear, the grand prize winner of a trip to New York as part of our Alumni Reconnect contest. And you will read about an interesting first-person perspective of CNA’s Pre-Orientation Wilderness Leadership Experience (PROWLE) from Jason Billard, a first-year Business Administration student. Plus so much more!

With that being said, I need your help. The Marketing and Communications team wants to do more! We want to share all those untold and unheard stories of you or someone you know who should be recognized for their achievements. If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to contact me at: minal.abhange@cna.nl.ca.

I hope you enjoy all of the stories we have written for you, and I look forward to sharing even more in the near future – maybe even yours! Happy reading.

Minal Abhange, Editor

Posts Carousel